Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Its been a while

So its been a while since I have blogged. Well at first I couldnt get connected for some reason and now its working. I really believe Facebook had taken the place of blogging. Its been really great to get back in touch with friends from highschool. Im a firm believer time changes things and then again some things stand still. Talking to old classmates its like it was yesterday. Then again everyones lives are so different. But in a good way. My 30th reunion was a hoot. All the girls I recognized but the guys well that was a different story. I couldnt believe that it had been 30 years since I saw these people. Alot sure has happened in those 30 years. If I would have know what would have happened not sure how I would have handle it all. But here I am, stronger, better, wiser, more compassionate, more considerate, life experiences will do that to you, you know.

I want to take a little space here to honor my sister. This Friday would have been her 50th birthday and I know I would have done it up big for her but all I have are my memories. Which by the way are all good. My sister was someone I admired. Her strength as a person. Her love of life. Her love for her children. Her determination which some might say was stubbornness, all the same it was her. I am so proud of all of my sisters kids in some ways I think her death has made all of them better people too stronger, wiser, etc. My heart aches for them many times but when I feel vulnerable like that at times I just have to look at them then look up and let my sister know its gonna be okay. What with her lookin down on them and me keepin watch at this end I think we make a pretty good team. We always did have each others back growin up why should it change now. Just wanted to recognize my sister at this time and let her know Im doin the best I can and hope she is thinkin of me too and that she feels Ive done what I promised her. Love you sis. See ya later.

1 comment:

  1. So I shed a tear reading this. And I appreciate all you have done for me and my siblings. You didn't have to step up to the plate and take care of us, but you did, and never complained about it. I love you so much and you are the second best thing to our Mom!!

    ReplyDelete